The Hilden Style Awards are now closed…
Thank you for entering your beautiful establishments. Stay tuned to see who this year’s Style Awards winners are.
Click here to see this years’ entries on Pinterest.
This year’s categories
- Most Stylish Independent Hotel or B&B
- Most Stylish Independent Restaurant
- Most Stylish Care Home
Click here to see this years’ entries on Pinterest.
Meet the Judges
Architect & Interior Design for Bar/Restaurant – MD of DV8 Designs
An experienced architect and interior designer who’s attention to detail is second to none, Lee’s passion for design and build started when he studied at Liverpool’s John Moores University in 1988, which eventually led to him becoming an architectural technologist and interior designer.
Since then, he setup DV8 Designs in 2006, an Award Winning Architecture & Interior Design company which has seen Lee and his team design and deliver just about every kind of project you can imagine, ranging from £20k to well over £35m.
He has many impressive projects under his belt such as Chester gastro-pub, Ring O’Bells, a 21st Century country pub and romantic Manchester based restaurant Don Giovanni. Lee was involved with the design for the Gullivers Theme Park and Hotel to help bring a more contemporary feel.
Click here to view Lee’s meet the judge interview.
Sales Manager, Hospitality – Vision
With over seven years’ experience in textiles, Victoria works with Vision’s boutique and independent customers to deliver the perfect textiles solution to enhance any environment. A she’s often on the road meeting new customers and liaising with existing ones, Victoria gets to see inside some of the most stunning venues in the UK – something that will more than help her in judging this year’s awards.
Victoria excels when tailoring a textile solutions to meet specific design requests – ensuring that the right product suits the interiors of any establishment. Vision Support Services is the leading supplier of textiles to the hospitality, healthcare and retail markets.
Click here to view Victoria’s meet the judge interview.
Freelance Interior Design Journalist
A leading design industry personality who specialises in interviews, columns, trends, simple living and all aspects of design, vintage shopping and home style, Ellie started her career working for magazine publishers including Hearst and Time Inc. where she wrote for Ideal Home magazine.
She went freelance in 2011 and her work has since been published in top titles such as Homes & Antiques, Grand Designs, The Observer Magazine and Homes & Gardens. Ellie has recently published two interiors books: Design Bloggers at Home and Chic Boutiquers at Home.
As an interiors expert, Ellie is passionate about discovering timelessly-stylish designs. When she’s not working, she enjoys decorating the Edwardian cottage she shares with her husband. You can read more about Ellie on her blog.
Click here to view Ellie’s meet the judge interview.
Editor of Eat.Drink.Sleep Magazine
Editor of Eat.Drink.Sleep Magazine, a Leading Hospitality Publication Jeremy currently is Editor at Eat.Drink.Sleep Magazine, an industry leading publication which goes out to over 50,000+ bars, restaurants and hotels in the UK and is read by around 26,000 people within the UK events industry. So, it’s safe to say he knows a thing or two when it comes to the industry at hand.
Supporting some of the biggest shows within the industry sector it features the latest inside news on hospitality technology, bar design, business matters, drinks, dining and catering.
Click here to view Jeremy’s meet the judge interview.
Healthcare Interior Specialist – Vision
Over the last nine years Lucy has worked hard to grow Vision’s Healthcare division (previously Whitaker Services) from textile supply to a full interior design arm. A keen interior designer with an eye for creative but functional flair, Lucy now focuses on new builds and major refurbishments for care homes and care groups across the UK.
Alongside managing this creative and specialist division, Lucy also liaises with core care groups, architects and contractors on a daily basis to deliver anything from a full fit out and refurbishment to a product sourcing solution. Lucy has always had a passion and interest in interiors and explains her work at Vision as her dream job.
Click here to view Lucy’s meet the judge interview.
Deputy Editor of Hospitality Interiors Magazine
An influential writer and editor, Gemma acts as lead editorial for Hospitality Interiors, a glossy style publication depicting the latest and greatest interior design trends. This magazine brings readers the ultimate in lavish interiors from hotels, restaurants and spas across the world – enough to give anyone a huge dose of creative inspiration.
Gemma studied at the University of St Andrews, graduating in 2012 as Master of the Arts (M.A.) English. Since then, her role at HI has seen her specialise in interviews, columns and pieces targeting the architecture and design industry – meeting with some of the most influential movers and shakers from the hospitality industry.
Gemma attends both domestic and international trade shows, conferences and client visits to ensure she’s always at the front of any announcements and bang on trend.
Click here to view Gemma’s meet the judge interview.
And the prizes?
Each of the lucky winners can look forward to a bundle of prizes including:
- Case of champagne
- His & Her Liddell Robes
- Online winner’s badge for use on your website
- Double page spread in annual Style Guide sent to 75K amount of readers
- Exposure and publicity of venue online and across digital channels
This Year’s Winners
Most Stylish Restaurant
This year’s winner for Most Stylish Restaurant is sketch. Located in upmarket Mayfair in central London, sketch combines art with dining amongst its unique and memorable design.
Each room within sketch has been created with a distinctive and unique character, from the pink, scalloped seating in The Gallery to the whimsical like fairytale vibe of The Glade.
The judges noted sketch’s design was “design at its best – no rules, bags of creativity and imagination”.
Most Stylish Hotel
Hotel-of-the-moment, Hotel Gotham, stole the show and blew our judges away this year; winning the Most Stylish Hotel or B&B category.
Opened in 2015 to major acclaim, it’s been named Europe’s most sexiest hotel and combines an achingly cool Art-Deco interior to playful references to the building’s banking past featuring props, characters and even its very own newspaper.
The judges said Hotel Gotham was “the perfect blend of old and new…Staying here would be a real experience, and the interior is almost like a set.”
Most Stylish Care Home
Signature Group’s Bentley House took the coveted title of Most Stylish Care Home as the category opened for entries for the first time ever this year.
Oozing class and sophistication, the home effortlessly combines practicality with style and each space has been cleverly thought out to achieve an elegant yet accessible interior.
The judges were overwhelmed with the attention to detail of Bentley House and said; “The interiors at Bentley House are by tar the most stylish I’ve seen in this sector. I love the thoughtful details.”
Our awards aim to celebrate the ‘unsung heroes’ of hospitality and healthcare – giving smaller establishments their chance to be in the spotlight.
See the entry criteria below:
Most Stylish Independent Hotel or B&B open to independent or boutique hotels, guesthouses or B&Bs or small groups with less than 10 venues only.
Most Stylish Care Home, open to independent care homes or small groups with less than 10 venues only.
Most Stylish Independent Restaurant open to independent or boutique restaurants or small groups with less than 10 venues only.
Click here to see this years’ entries on Pinterest.
Terms & Conditions
The promoter is: Vision Support Services Ltd (company no. 06603416) whose registered office is at Darwen House (2nd Floor) Walker Industrial Estate, Walker Road, Guide, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 2QE.
(Scroll to read Competition Terms & Conditions)
- The promoter is: Vision Support Services Ltd (company no. 06603416) Registered office: Darwen House (2nd Floor) Walker Industrial Estate, Walker Road, Guide, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 2QE.
- Employees of Vision Support Services Ltd, Vision Support Services Group Ltd or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Entrants must be a UK based Bed & Breakfast, Hotel, Guesthouse, Holiday let, Self Catering Establishment, Hotel, Care Home or Restaurant. We do not permit large groups to enter, entries from groups with 10 or less venues are permitted to enter.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Hilden Style Awards.
- Closing date for entry will be midnight Friday 2nd September 2016. All photographs must be submitted for entry into the Hilden Style Awards by midnight. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner can be found at: Hilden Style Awards.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected, or arrange for delivery.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
- Entrants agree to the use of his/her name and image(s) in any publicity material and to participate in any promotional activity relating to the competition. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email within 30 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image(s) in any publicity material and to participate in any promotional activity relating to the competition. This includes displaying a Hilden Style Awards Badge on your website if your entry is judged to be a finalist. By entering the Hilden Style Awards you agree that any information and pictures provided may be used in the Style Guide 2017. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- By entering the Style Awards and submitting your email address, you are agreeing to be added to our mailing list(s). You have the right to unsubscribe to our email communications at any time, should you wish to do so.
- The winner’s name will be available 30 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Hilden Style Awards 2014 Winners, Darwen House (2nd Floor) Walker Industrial Estate, Walker Road, Guide, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 2QE.
- The Style Awards and any judges decisions do not represent a recommendation or endorsement for any business entered in the competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.